FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION
47 CFR Part 1
Ex Parte Presentations in Commission Proceedings
AGENCY: Federal Communications Commission.
ACTION: Final rule.
SUMMARY: This document contains an editorial amendment to the Commission's regulations concerning ex parte presentations. It consolidates amendments made in two separate Commission actions into a corrected text.
DATES: Effective January 28, 2000.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: David S. Senzel, Office of General Counsel (202) 418-1720.
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: This is the full text of the Order of the Commission's Managing Director, DA 99-2788, adopted on December 14, 1999, and released December 17, 1999.
1. By this order, we correct the language of 47 CFR 1.1202(d)(2) of the Commission's ex parte rules. This provision was amended by two separate actions of the Commission. The first was the Commission’s Report and Order in WT Docket No. 96-198, FCC 99-181, released September 29, 1999. Notice of this action was published in the Federal Register at 64 FR 63235 (Nov. 19, 1999), to become effective on January 28, 2000. The second was the Commission’s Memorandum Opinion and Order in GC Docket No. 95-21, FCC 99-322, released November 9, 1999. Notice of this second action was published in the Federal Register at 64 FR 68946 (Dec. 9, 1999), to become effective on January 10, 2000. Each of the two actions fails to take into account the amendment made by the other. To cure this oversight, we will amend the rule to consolidate the amendments made by the two actions into a single corrected text.
2. Additionally, the text of the rule set forth in 64 FR 63235 contains a typographical error. That text refers to §§ 6.17 and 7.17 instead of the correct sections, 6.21 and 7.21. We will make an appropriate correction.
3. Pursuant to the authority delegated under 47 CFR 0.231(b), 47 CFR 1 IS AMENDED as set forth effective on January 28, 2000 and substituting for and superseding the corresponding amendment to part 1 contained in 64 FR 63235 otherwise effective on that date.
Andrew S. Fishel
Part 1 of Title 47 of the Code of Federal regulations is amended as follows:
PART 1 -- PRACTICE AND PROCEDURE
1. The authority citation for part 1 continues to read as follows:
AUTHORITY: 47 U.S.C. 151, 154(i), 154(j), 155, 225, 303(r), and 309.
2. Section 1.1202 is revised to read as follows:
§ 1.1202 Definitions.
(2) Any person who files a complaint or request to revoke a license or other authorization or for an order to show cause which shows that the complainant has served it on the subject of the complaint or which is a formal complaint under 47 U.S.C. 208 and § 1.721 of this chapter or 47 U.S.C. 255 and either §§ 6.21 or 7.21 of this chapter, and the person who is the subject of such a complaint or request that shows service or is a formal complaint under 47 U.S.C. 208 and
§ 1.721 of this chapter or 47 U.S.C. 255 and either §§ 6.21 or 7.21 of this chapter;