|Federal Communications Commission
1919 - M Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20554
|News media information 202 / 418-0500
Fax-On-Demand 202 / 418-2830
FCC ANNOUNCES THE NEXT MEETING OF THE
NORTH AMERICAN NUMBERING COUNCIL
(CC Docket No. 92-237)
The next meeting of the North American Numbering Council (NANC) will be held on Tuesday, January 20, 1998, from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., EST at the ANA Hotel, 2401 M Street, NW, Washington, DC.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Jeannie Grimes, Paralegal Specialist, assisting the NANC at (202) 418-2313 or via the Internet at firstname.lastname@example.org. The address is: Network Services Division, Common Carrier Bureau, Federal Communications Commission, 2000 M Street, NW, Suite 235, Washington, D.C. 20054. The fax number is: (202) 418-7314. The TTY number is: (202) 418-0484.
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: This meeting will be open to members of the general public. The FCC will attempt to accommodate as many people as possible. Admittance, however will be limited to the seating available. The public may submit written statements to the NANC, which must be received two business days before the meeting. In addition, oral statements at either meeting by parties or entities not represented on the NANC will be permitted to the extent time permits. Such statements will be limited to five minutes in length by any one party or entity, and requests to make an oral statement must be received two business days before the meeting. Requests to make an oral statement or provide written comments to the NANC should be sent to Jeannie Grimes at the address under "FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT," stated above.
The planned agenda for the January 20, 1998, meeting is as follows:
1. Number Pooling Management Group (NPMG) Report.
2. Industry Numbering Committee (INC) Report on Number Pooling.
3. Local Number Portability Administration (LNPA) Working Group Report: Follow-up activities for Second Report and Order, Local Number Portability, Docket 95-116. LNP Implementation and General Oversight Update.
4. Wireline/Wireless Integration Task Force (WWITF) Status Report. Discussion of whether the difference, within the context of service provider portability between porting a subscriber from wireline to wireless and porting a subscriber from wireless to wireline constitutes a lack of competitive parity.
5. Discussion of existing guidelines and practices for determining Area Code Relief.
6. North American Numbering Plan Administration (NANPA) Working Group Report. Status update on toll free database administrator entity recommendation and DSMI's neutrality issue. NANPA Transition Planning Task Force update. NANC review of draft CO Code Transition Plan. Discussion and closure on options for treatment of reserved ported numbers issue. Tutorial on toll free administration. Prioritization of toll free administration issues. Definition of reserved numbers.
7. Cost Recovery Working Group Report. Billing and Collection Agent (B&C Agent) update.
8. Steering Group Report. CICs Ad Hoc Group progress report on development of NANC's CICs recommendation to the FCC, under the Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and Order, In the Matter of Administration of the North American Numbering Plan Carrier Identification Codes (CICs), CC Docket 92-237, FCC 97-364.
9. Other Business.
10. Review of Decisions Reached and Action Items.