Go to FCC.gov
FCC Logo - Return to the FCC Home Page  
  Office of General Counsel, Transaction Team

Help | Advanced

|



Issues: Skip Issue Box 1 Navigation Links


Arch Wireless, Inc. - Metrocall Holdings, Inc.
Timeline | Public Notices | Applications | Background | Contacts

Arch Wireless, Inc. and Metrocall Holdings, Inc. have filed applications pursuant to Section 310(d) of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended.1 In these applications, the Applicants seek Commission approval of the transfer of control of licenses and authorizations held by subsidiaries of Arch and Metrocall to a newly-formed company, Wizards-Patriots Holdings, Inc.

Interested parties must file petitions to deny no later than June 9, 2004. Oppositions to such pleadings must be filed no later than June 21, 2004. Replies to such pleadings must be filed no later than June 28, 2004. All filings concerning matters referenced to in this Public Notice should refer to DA 04-1289 and WT Docket No. 04-171, as well as the specific file numbers of the individual applications or other matters to which the filings pertain. Copies of all of the documents in this matter may also be obtained from Qualex International, in person at 445 12th Street, S.W., Room CY-B402, Washington, D.C. 20554, via telephone at (202) 863-2893, via facsimile at (202) 863-2898, via e-mail at qualexint@aol.com, and electronically through the Commission’s Electronic Comment Filing System. The applications and any associated documents are also available for public inspection and copying during normal reference room hours at the FCC Reference Center.


Timeline

11/8/04 - Day 182

Timeclock History | Transaction Timeline Description
- green indicates timeline clock is running: red indicates timeline clock is stopped - Click for History -
STATUS: Clock is Stopped - click for details
Pre-Public Notice - ApplicationPublic Comment PeriodPublic Comment PeriodPublic Comment PeriodPublic Comment PeriodPublic Comment PeriodPublic Comment PeriodOppositionsOppositionsOppositionsRepliesReplies
day 0day 1-30day 30day 30-45day 45days45-52day52days52-180day90days52-180day 180
- click on or between the numbers above for generic descriptions of timeline dates and intervals -
- click on the blue filled-in sections of the timeline to go to the related items -


Public Notices

11/8/04
Assignment of License Authorization Applications

5/10/04
Arch Wireless, Inc. and Metrocall Holdings, Inc. Seek FCC Consent to Transfer Control of Licenses and Authorizations: Pleading Cycle Established (WT Docket No. 04-171).
Word | Acrobat


Applications


Background

These transfer of control applications were filed in connection with the proposed merger of Arch’s and Metrocall’s operations. The Applicants state that, pursuant to the Agreement and Plan of Merger, the shareholders of Metrocall will receive $150 million in cash and shares in Newco in exchange for their existing Metrocall shares. Post-transaction, the Applicants state that Arch’s existing shareholders will own approximately 72.5% of Newco, and Metrocall’s shareholders will own the remaining 27.5%.4 The Applicants further state that no shareholder currently owns more than 10% of Arch, and no shareholder of Arch or Metrocall will own more than 10% of Newco.5 With respect to governance, the Applicants state that Newco’s board of directors will be initially composed of four members each from the current Arch and Metrocall boards, and one individual who is now a substantial shareholder of Arch. The Applicants state that there is no voting rights agreement or any other extraordinary restriction on the board’s composition. Following consummation of the proposed transaction, management of Newco will be led by Metrocall’s current President and CEO, who will serve as President, CEO, and as a member of the board.



Contacts
  • Erin McGrath, Spectrum and Competition Policy Division, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau: (202) 418-2042

  • Susan Singer, Spectrum and Competition Policy Division, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau: (202) 418-1340


last reviewed/updated on 7/12/05 


Skip FCC Footer and Contact InfoFederal Communications Commission
445 12th Street SW
Washington, DC 20554
More FCC Contact Information...
Phone:  1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322)
TTY:  1-888-TELL-FCC (1-888-835-5322)
Fax:  1-866-418-0232
- Privacy Policy
- Website Policies & Notices
- Required Browser Plug-ins
- Freedom of Information Act