TSP Satellite Service Provider Enrollment Guide
Last updated: October 29, 2009
The TSP program is administered by the Department of Homeland Security's National Communications System (NCS) with oversight by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). To assist Satellite Service Providers in the preparation of successful TSP applications, the NCS and FCC have developed the following steps for enrollment:
- Evaluate the telecommunications services used to interconnect your satellite services to the public switched network to determine which lines should have TSP coverage. Consult with the telecommunications service provider to determine the cost of TSP coverage. Ask your service provider to provide the circuit identification numbers necessary to complete the TSP application.
- Circuits eligible for TSP include circuits used primarily for national security or emergency preparedness and response purposes.
- Notify the FCC by email (email@example.com) of the proposed TSP coverage and request Federal sponsorship. In requesting sponsorship, provide the location and function of each facility requiring TSP coverage, along with the related quantity and type of circuits for which TSP coverage is requested.
- Upon notification that the FCC will act as your Federal sponsor, access the NCS website at (http://tsp.ncs.gov) to establish a TSP account. [Select "E-forms," then "Register to use e-forms."]
- The NCS will provide a login ID and password.
- Re-enter the NCS website (using the login ID and password) and fill out the application form. [Select "E-forms," then "Access to e-forms application," then "TSP request for service users (Form 315)."]
- The NCS approves TSP coverage and provides the TSP authorization codes for each circuit (e.g., TSP02H682).
- Notify the service provider of the TSP authorization codes and request TSP service.
- The service provider issues the appropriate service order activity to establish the TSP service on each circuit and enters it into the priority service operations support systems.
For further information from the FCC about the TSP program, call or email:
TSP Info Email Box: firstname.lastname@example.org