TSP Health Care Provider Enrollment Guide
Last updated: October 29, 2009
The TSP Program is administered by the Department of Homeland Security's National Communications System (NCS) with oversight by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). To assist Health Care Provider administrators in the preparation of successful TSP applications, the NCS and FCC have developed the following steps for enrollment:
- The Health Care Provider administrator evaluates the telecommunications services used by the Health Care Providers to determine which lines should have TSP coverage. The administrator consults with its telecommunications service providers to determine the cost of TSP coverage. Some service providers charge for TSP; others do not. Each service provider should provide the Health Care Provider administrator with the circuit identification numbers so that the administrator can complete the TSP application. Circuits eligible for TSP include:
- Circuits used for emergency communications with first responders
- Circuits used for emergency communications with state and local health departments
- Circuits used for telemedicine applications and data transfer
- Circuits used to transfer patient information, availability of beds and other resources, and medical equipment needs
- The Health Care Provider administrator notifies the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) at (Commo@hhs.gov) of the proposed TSP coverage and requests Federal sponsorship. In requesting sponsorship, the Health Care Provider administrator provides information about its location(s), as well as about the quantity and type of circuits for which TSP coverage is requested.
- Upon notification that HHS will act as the Health Care Provider's Federal sponsor, the Health Care Provider administrator accesses the NCS web-site at (http://tsp.ncs.gov) to establish a TSP account. [Select "E-forms," then "Register to use e-forms."]
- The NCS will provide a login ID and password.
- The Health Care Provider re-enters the NCS web-site (using the login ID and password) and fills out the application form. [Select "E-forms," then "Access to e-forms application," then "TSP request for service users (Form 315)."]
- The NCS approves TSP coverage and provides the Health Care Provider administrator with TSP authorization codes for each circuit. (e.g., TSP02H682).
- The Health Care Provider administrator notifies the service provider of the TSP authorization codes and requests TSP service.
- The service provider issues the appropriate service order activity to establish the TSP service on each circuit and enters it into the priority service operations support systems.
For further information from the FCC about the TSP program, call or email:
TSP Info Email Box: firstname.lastname@example.org