|Circuit Status Report|
|FCC > IB > PD > Circuit Status Report||site map|
Circuit Status Report
Circuit Status Reports. Section 43.82 of the Commission's rules require that each facility-based carrier engaged in providing international telecommunications services file a circuit status report. Carriers are required to file the Circuit Status Reports by March 31 for the prior calendar year. The information that should be included in the circuit status report is described in the Circuit Status Manual (below). All facility-based carriers (including facility-based resellers) need to file the report regardless of whether or not they have activated circuits at the year-end. If carriers do not have any activated circuits at year-end, they are still required to file a report stating that they do not have any activated circuits. This Manual was developed by the International Bureau, with industry input, pursuant to the Commission's decision reducing the frequency for filing these reports.
Circuit Status Filing Manual [csmanual.doc | PDF]
The Manual was structured to guide the filing of both circuit status and circuit addition reports. Under Section 43.82 of the Commission's rules, facility-based carriers are required to file circuit status reports. Under Section 63.23 (formerly Section 62.15) of the Commission's rules, non-dominant carriers providing international resold private lines are required to file annual circuit addition reports. Circuit addition reports provide a list of circuits by facility, by service, and by country. This Manual reduces the burden on carriers and avoids any ambiguity between the circuit status reports and the circuit addition reports because carriers filing reports in conformance with the Manual will satisfy the requirements of Section 63.23 (formerly Section 62.15(b)).
In preparing the circuit status report, carriers should use the international point codes contained in the International Points - Country Code Listing A sample data file will assist carriers to report the data in the correct format.
On December 31, 1996, the International Bureau released the first report containing data of U.S. international facility-based carriers' activated circuits at year-end based on the 1995 circuit status reports filed by carriers. This report and subsequent reports have been released and may be found below:
* 1995 Data released 12/31/96 first summary report Zipped version of the report. PDF report
* 1996 Data released 12/2/97 second summary report | Tables In PDF Format | Zipped Version
* 1997 data released 2/2/99 third summary report | Tables in PDF Format | PDF Report 2/11/99
* 1998 data released 12/17/99 News Release | 1999 Report | Table 1 | Table 2 | Table 3 | Table 4 | Table 5 | Table 6 | Table 7 | Table Continued 7 | PDF Report
* 1999 data released 12/19/2000 News Release | Report in PDF Format
* 2000 data released 6/29/2001 News Release | Report in PDF Format
* 2001 data released 11/18/2002 News Release | Report Part 1 in PDF Format | Report Part 2 in PDF Format
* 2002 data released 12/24/2003 News Release | Report Part 1 in PDF Format | Report Part 2 in PDF Format
* 2003 data released 12/23/2004 News Release | Report in PDF Format
* 2004 data released 12/22/2005 News Release | Report in PDF Format
* 2005 data released 01/19/2007 News Release | Report in PDF Format
* 2006 data released 02/19/2008 News Release | Report in PDF Format
* 2007 data released 03/17/2009 Statement | Report in PDF Format
* 2008 data released 03/31/2010 Statement | Report in PDF Format
* 2009 data released 12/21/2010 Statement | Report in PDF Format
* 2010 data released 03/30/2012 Statement | Report in PDF Format
* 2011 data released 06/19/2013 News Release | Report in PDF Format
The Manual is also available through the Commission's contractor for public service records duplication: Best Copy and Printing, Inc, Portals II, 445 12th Street, SW, Room CY-B402, Washington, D.C. 20554, 1 (800) 378-3160.
For further information, please contact Cathy Hsu at (202) 418-2114.
|Thursday, 05-Dec-13 12:54:36|
|FCC Home|||||Search|||||RSS|||||Updates|||||E-Filing|||||Initiatives|||||Consumers|||||Find People|
Federal Communications Commission
445 12th Street SW
Washington, DC 20554
More FCC Contact Information...