|In the Matter of||)|
|Assessment and Collection||)||MD Docket No. 98-36|
|of Regulatory Fees for||)|
|Fiscal Year 1998||)|
|Adopted: August 20, 1998||Released: August 21, 1998|
1. The Managing Director has determined the dates for collection of the fees adopted in the above-captioned proceeding. See Assessment and Collection of Regulatory Fees for Fiscal Year 1998, FCC 98-115, released June 16, 1998, 63 FR 35847 (July 1, 1998). We are establishing collection dates as indicated paragraphs 2 and 3.
2. Annual regulatory fees for regulatees in the cable television, common carrier, international, mass media, and commercial wireless services are due during the period beginning September 14, 1998, and ending September 18, 1998. Parties paying these fees electronically must ensure that payment is received by Mellon Bank no later than September 17, 1998, however they are requested to submit them on September 14th or September 15th to facilitate their receipt and recording in a timely fashion.
3. Applicants for new, renewal and reinstatement licenses in the private wireless private mobile radio (PMRS) and the microwave radio services, which pay annual fees of $12.00 in advance for each year of their license term in combination with the appropriate application fee, are to begin paying the new fee on September 14, 1998. For private wireless licensees in the aviation, marine, general mobile (GMRS), and other land mobile radio services paying $6.00 in advance for each year of their license term in combination with the appropriate application fee, they also are to begin paying the new fee on September 14, 1998. Applicants for amateur vanity call signs paying $1.30 in advance for each year of their license term in combination with the appropriate application fee, they too are to begin paying the new fee on September 14, 1998.
4. Since the time for collecting fees is extremely limited, we are unable to offer installment payments for fiscal year 1998.
5. Accordingly, IT IS ORDERED that the dates for collection of fiscal year 1998 regulatory fees are as provided in paragraphs 2 and 3. This action is taken under delegated authority pursuant to § 0.231(a) and § 1.1157(b)(1) of the Commission's rules. 47 U.S.C. 0.231(a) and 1.1157(b)(1).
FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION
Andrew S. Fishel,