|Federal Communications Commission
1919 - M Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20554
|News media information 202 / 418-0500
Fax-On-Demand 202 / 418-2830
Released: May 5, 1998
|FCC ANNOUNCES THE NEXT MEETING OF THE NORTH AMERICAN NUMBERING COUNCIL|
(CC Docket No. 92-237)
The next meeting of the North American Numbering Council (NANC) will be held on Wednesday, May 27, 1998, from 8:30 a.m., until 5:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at the Federal Communications Commission, 1919 M Street, N.W., Room 856, Washington, D.C.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Jeannie Grimes, Paralegal Specialist, assisting the NANC at (202) 418-2313 or via the Internet at email@example.com. The address is: Network Services Division, Common Carrier Bureau, Federal Communications Commission, 2000 M Street, NW, Suite 235, Washington, D.C. 20554. The fax number is: (202) 418-7314. The TTY number is: (202) 418-0484.
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: This meeting is open to the members of the general public. The FCC will attempt to accommodate as many participants as possible. Participation on the conference call is limited. The public may submit written statements to the NANC, which must be received two business days before the meeting. In addition, oral statements at the meeting by parties or entities not represented on the NANC will be permitted to the extent time permits. Such statements will be limited to five minutes in length by any one party or entity, and requests to make an oral statement must be received two business days before the meeting. Requests to make an oral statement or provide written comments to the NANC should be sent to Jeannie Grimes at the address under "FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT," stated above.
1. Approval of meeting minutes.
2. Steering Group Report.
3. N11 Ad Hoc Working Group Report and Recommendation. Responsibilities under First Report and Order and Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, In the Matter of Use of N11 Codes and Other Abbreviated Dialing Arrangements, CC Docket 92-105, FCC 97-51.
4. Numbering Resource Optimization Working Group Report.
5. Industry Numbering Committee Report.
6. Cost Recovery Working Group Report. Update on first NECA NBANC board meeting.
7. Local Number Portability Administration (LNPA) Working Group Report. LNP Implementation Phase II and III update. Wireline Wireless Integration Task Force Report.
8. North American Numbering Plan Administration (NANPA) Report. CO Code Transition Task Force Update. Report of the NANPA.
9. Other Business.