|Federal Communications Commission
1919 - M Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20554
|News media information 202 / 418-0500
Fax-On-Demand 202 / 418-2830
Released: Released: March 4, 1998
FCC ANNOUNCES THE NEXT MEETING OF THE
(CC Docket No. 92-237)
The next meeting of the North American Numbering Council (NANC) will be held on Tuesday, March 24, 1998, from 8:30 a.m., until 5:00 p.m., EST. The meeting will be held at the Federal Communications Commission, 1919 M Street, NW, Room 856, Washington, DC.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Jeannie Grimes, Paralegal Specialist, assisting the NANC at (202) 418-2313 or via the Internet at email@example.com. The mailing address is: Network Services Division, Common Carrier Bureau, Federal Communications Commission, 2000 M Street, NW, Suite 235, Washington, DC 20054. The fax number is: (202) 418-7314. The TTY number is: (202) 418-0484.
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: This meeting will be open to members of the general public. The FCC will attempt to accommodate as many people as possible. Admittance, however will be limited to the seating available. The public may submit written statements to the NANC, which must be received two business days before the meeting. In addition, oral statements at the meeting by parties or entities not represented on the NANC will be permitted to the extent time permits. Such statements will be limited to five minutes in length by any one party or entity, and requests to make an oral statement must be received two business days before each meeting. Requests to make an oral statement or provide written comments to the NANC should be sent to Jeannie Grimes at the address under "FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT," stated above.
The planned agenda for the March 24, 1998, meeting is as follows:
1. Number Pooling Management Group (NPMG) Status Report. Recommendation on industry fora for certain network tasks to support number pooling. Discussion of Chairman's proposal regarding number conservation planning.
2. Industry Numbering Committee (INC) Monthly Report to the NANC.
3. North American Numbering Plan Administration (NANPA)Working Group Report: Review Aging Disconnected Numbers report. Review "Broader Issues" associated with Toll Free Administration. CO Code Transition Task Force Update.
4. Cost Recovery Working Group Report.
5. Local Number Portability Administration (LNPA) Working Group Report: Phase I Implementation update; discussion and resolution of High Volume Call-In (HVCI) network question on how to incorporate HVCI networks in the LNP scheme.
6. Wireline/Wireless Integration Task Force Update.
7. N11 Ad Hoc Committee initial work plan report on NANC Responsibilities under the First Report and Order and Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, In the Matter of Use of the Use of N11 Codes and Other Abbreviated Dialing Arrangements, CC Docket 92-105, FCC 97-51.
8. Other Business.
9. Review of Decisions Reached and Action Items.