The Best Practices Include:
- Bills should be comprehensible, complete and include information the consumer
may need to discuss and, if necessary, dispute charges.
- Consumers should be provided with options to control whether or not a third
party's products and services are charged on their telephone bills.
- Consumer authorization of services ordered should be appropriately verified.
- The LECs should screen products, services and Service Providers prior to
approval for inclusion on the telephone bill.
- Clearinghouses should ensure that only charges that have been authorized by
the End-user Customer will be billed.
- The LECs should continue to educate consumers as to their rights and the
process for resolution of disputes.
- Each LEC should provide appropriate law enforcement, regulatory agencies,
and other LECs with various categories of data to assist in controlling